The closest airport is Great Falls. The KBARL is about two hours from the airport or 85 miles. We can provide transportation for you for $200 / person round trip (two person minimum).
Preferred arrival day: Wednesday
Preferred departure day: Sunday
There are numerous hotels near the airport as well as attractions in Great Falls. A few of the local favorites are the Charles M Russell Museum, the Lewis and Clark interpretive Center, Great Falls Hatchery, The Missouri Falls, The Roe River and more. Please don’t hesitate to call us for recommendations or any questions. Guests will arrive at the boat ramp on Wednesday morning at 10:30am in the summer months to begin their vacation at the K Bar L.
Driving Directions to the K Bar L
If coming from the west coast travel past Missoula, MT.
- Turn off at Bonner, Highway 200.
- You will pass Lincoln and continue on until you reach Bowman’s Corner.
- Turn off on Highway 287—headed towards Augusta.
If coming from the east, travel to Great Falls, MT.
- Go North on I-15, turn off on the Vaughn exit (290).
- Continue on through Fort Shaw and Simms (Highway 200).
- After Simms, turn off on Highway 21—headed towards Augusta.
Upon arrival at Augusta, DO NOT USE ANY NAVIGATION SYSTEM! It will send you off in a round about direction.
- At the only set of four-way stop signs in town, turn toward Gibson Reservoir/Willow Creek at the stop sign (on main street).
- Pass by the Forest Service building, a cemetery and a dump site.
- You should encounter a gravel road and will be heading west. This is the correct gravel road. DO NOT TAKE THE BENCHMARK ROAD!
- After traveling five miles down the gravel road, you will come upon a bunch of signs…one of which is ours. Turn right and follow this road for roughly 25 miles.
- You will reach a paved road upon entering the Lewis and Clark National Forest. Continue until you see Gibson Dam in front of you and you will take a right across a concrete bridge. The first left entrance after the bridge is “Sam’s Place” where you will meet if you are hunting. If you are coming in the summer season you will continue up over the hill all the way to either the boat landing or the horse tie up on the left side of the road about 1/2 mile before the boat landing. whichever you have arranged with us depending on the season.
Plan on a 45 minute drive from Augusta to Gibson Reservoir.