How a Guided Hiking Trip Works:
Plan a 7 day trip which is approximately 46 mile round trip to the famous Chinese wall or a 6 day roving fishing trip! All your meals, tents, and equipment are brought with you by mule and set up each day on location. If you have always wanted to experience Montana’s back country, these adventures are for you!
Choose Your Adventure:
Chinese Wall Trip- Moderately Strenuous (July 17-23)
- Approximately 46 mile round trip of main trail travel (not including additional hiking)
- 3800 ft election gain from the ranch to the highest point on the trail
- Fishing opportunities on the west and north fork of the Sun River
- 1st day of travel is 6 miles, 2nd 6 miles, 3rd 10 miles, 4th 10 miles, 5th 9 miles, 6th (final day of travel ends at the ranch) 5 miles
North Fork Roving Fishing Trip (July 31- August 5)
- Starting at the Ranch guest fish their way to teh first camping location
- Guest choose to stay at camp or cover more ground to fish different water
- Up to 14 miles round trip
Included in your stay:
- One night at the K Bar L Ranch: cabin, medicine springs, and shower access.
- Gear for the pack trip: sleeping bags, tents, cots, and camp chairs.
- Meals: Breakfast and dinners are cooked each day at your camp and a sack lunch is provided for you daily.
*Fly fishing gear not included*
How Summer Hiking Trips Work:
You will arrive at trail head with all necessary components to set up your own camp and stay for your decided duration. We pack you and all of your gear into a predetermined campsite on a predetermined date, drop you and your gear off, and return on the scheduled pick-up date to return you, your gear, and your game to the trail head. These drops can be four to sixteen days, based on your party’s discretion. Dates and specific location must be decided and agreed on at the time of reservation. We will help you pick the right spot for your specific adventure! Please book before April prior to your summer vacation.
If you are seeking a Montana summer vacation that is a camping trip off the beaten path then you may want to consider a drop camp.
Cost: $250 per animal/guide per day. We load our mules 60-80 pounds per side. Bulk items must be considered.